History
History

Our Chamber, which was established in 1917, started its activities under the name Edremit Chamber of Commerce and Industry in 1926, after the declaration of the Republic. The first General Secretary of the Chamber was Niyazi PERK, the first President was İzzet ODABAŞI, the firs Vice President was Kazım ARSOY, the Members were Remzi MOLVALIOĞLU, Hasan PAZAR, Ömer KARA and Mehmet GÜRAL.

Edremit Chamber of Commerce and Industry continued its activities at various addresses until 1950, and in 1950 it moved to its current building on Menderes Boulevard No:45(Edremit/Balıkesir).

The Aegean Region Chamber of Industry was established in 1954. Its branch in Edremit began operating in 1955. Our chamber has been operating as the Edremit Chamber of Commerce since 1955.